Full-time paralegal or legal assistant wanted. The schedule is flexible. The position is for Peoria firm practicing mainly in the following areas: personal injury, criminal, family law, estate planning, and probate. Responsibilities would include accepting client and potential client phone calls, scheduling, drafting letters and pleadings, organizing files, electronically filing pleadings, billing clients, and research. Competitive wages. Must be willing to learn and be proficient with Microsoft Office.
Fast-growing litigation, workers' compensation, personal injury, and general practice firm based in Peoria, IL looking to hire 2 paralegals/legal assistants for full-time positions.
Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others.
- Receives and welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorney time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports, and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, IMEs, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to an attorney.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks and reporting what is needed to the office manager
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The candidate must have strong writing skills and be well-versed in legal timekeeping.
Additional skills required: Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Dictation Transcription, Supply Management, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships, Juris Suite
Compensation commensurate with experience/based on skills outlined above.
Please submit résumé and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Paralegal/Administrative Assistant, Office of the General Counsel
Petersen Health Care (PHC) is one of the largest nursing home operators in the State of Illinois. Our homes are located in Illinois, Missouri and Iowa. We are a privately held company that was founded in 1974. Our company provides nursing and rehabilitative care for residents on both a short and long-term basis. We also operate 7 hotels and a sports complex all located within central Illinois. PHC’s corporate office is located in Peoria, IL.
Based on experience. Compensation package is comprised of benefits including health insurance, 401k and leave time.
The Petersen Health Care Office of the General Counsel provides professional legal services, advice and counsel in support of the company and its mission. The General Counsel acts as the chief legal officer of PHC and is responsible for the administrative oversight and leadership of the corporate office. The Office of the General Counsel is seeking a Paralegal/Administrative Assistant to provide outstanding clerical, organizational and general office assistance for the Legal Department. This position provides executive level administrative, technical and operational support in the management of legal affairs. The diverse duties of the Paralegal/Administrative Assistant are performed independently in an environment requiring the use of good judgment, initiative, discretion and confidentiality. The Paralegal/Administrative Assistant will interact with the Owner and the administrative team and must present the highest level of professionalism and integrity at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist in legal administrative tasks
Prepare corporate resolutions and manager certificates
Submit Annual Reports for corporate entities
Track licensing and other credentials for nursing homes
Provide General Counsel with assistance in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions in particular HUD closings
Complete, prepare and review contracts, leases, and other documents as needed
Prepare and file guardianship paperwork and set hear dates
Perform collection process for outstanding accounts
Maintain master lists regarding facilities and corporations/LLCs
Scheduling meetings and answering calls
Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to General Counsel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate is able to demonstrate the following: the highest degree of integrity; the ability to effectively communicate in a professional diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner using the preferred method and level applicable to the job; the ability to plan, schedule and organize tasks to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames; the ability to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and be able to positively and proactively assimilate change in a rapid growth environment; be able to personally provide high level interactive services to others, address identified needs and respond accordingly. Mastery of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook required. Experience with Adobe Pro a plus.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a Letter of Intent and Resume to email@example.com A criminal background check will be conducted.