Attorney Brian Addy is in need of someone at his Pekin office two days a week. This person needs to know how to transcribe dictation word for word from the attorneys. There will be the occasional answering of the phones, as well. They will be needed Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:30 – 5:00 with an hour for lunch. The start date is June 4th, and it will last into August. You can either call Attorney Brian Addy @ 309-353-6461 or e-mail him @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, May 18, 2018
Friday, May 11, 2018
Bradley University Police Department looking for two dispatchers. This is for our 9-1-1 certificate and law enforcement degree students. Starting wage is $16.72 / hour. More info is available here: https://www.bradley.edu/offices/other/police/employment/.
Wednesday, May 09, 2018
Peoria health care company seeking paralegal to join legal department.
* Provide advanced support by handling a wide variety of functions supporting two attorneys.
* Perform office tasks such as filing, maintaining records, maintaining databases and calendars and other similar duties.
* Prepare reports, presentations or correspondence.
* Serve as an office information facilitator, arranging and scheduling meetings or appointments, managing projects, handling travel arrangements, performing research, and distributing information through the use of telephones, mail and e-mail.
* Follow organizational and departmental procedures to complete tasks.
* Assist attorneys with litigation files, including responding to and submitting discovery requests.
* Handle special projects as assigned.
* Paralegal certification.
* Advanced computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office software packages.
* Some college or university preferred.
* Ability to set up and maintain databases.
* Excellent communication and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to use own initiative.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* 3+ years office experience.
This company offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. A full benefit package is available including a vacation plan, health insurance, life insurance, 401K and more.
Petersen Health Care has been a trusted leader in long-term care since 1974. We offer a variety of positions for health care jobs that feature opportunities to serve the elderly and disabled. These positions feature the area’s most attractive salary and benefit package, including:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision/Dental Plan
- Generous Vacation plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- And More!
Summary of Position:
- Apply for Medicaid on behalf of residents and assist residents and their families throughout the Medicaid application process.
- Preparing and filing Medicaid applications;
- Helping residents and families understand documentation needed to process application;
- Preparing and filing appeals when Medicaid applications get denied;
- Following up on applications and seeing them through to conclusion.
- Prior experience with filing Medicaid applications preferred, but not required;
- Strong Computer Skills, able to manage emails, able to use Microsoft Office Products.
- Self Starter with good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to Accurately Coordinate Multiple Tasks in a Busy Environment
- Able to Adapt to a Changing Environment
E-mail resume and cover letter to:
Jason M. Crowder
830 W. Trailcreek Drive
Peoria, IL 61614
Beacon Hill Legal has immediate need for litigation paralegals to fill temporary roles in well-known downtown Chicago law firms.
Candidates MUST have 3+ years’ experience working in a law firm in litigation. Current open positions are in subrogation, commercial litigation, and multi-practice litigation firms. Other areas of litigation will be considered.
These are temporary assignments expected to last from 2-3 months on average.
Compensation varies based on background and each role.
If you are interested, please email your resume and contact information to Christina Polet at email@example.com ASAP!
Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Because I can, I continue to run for those who can't. I'm running for a reason, and I need you to help me reach my fundraising goal.
It's likely WE know a child or adult who has or is suffering from cancer. And it's likely their treatment is somehow related to a current or past development pioneered by St. Jude.
St. Jude has helped families of our STUDENTS and GRADUATES.
Will you help me support St. Jude by donating today?
Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live. Your donations make that possible.
Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most -- saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
St. Jude won't stop until NO child dies from cancer, and neither will I, but I need your help.
Please visit my fundraising page by clicking the link on my name below and make your DONATION today!
And if you want to run with us or shake cans the day of the run, join my team (The Pint Jockeys) on the Running Central St. Jude Run. We spend one day running through and shaking cans for donations in Peoria and it is a day you'll never forget and never regret.
Thank you for your support!
View the team page for Pint Jockeys
If you no longer wish to receive emails from your friends on behalf of St. Jude, please opt out or paste this Web address into your browser: http://fundraising.stjude.org/
Posted by Unknown at 6:58 AM
Sunday, April 29, 2018
CRJ 227 Online Administration of Justice, completely ONLINE, 8 week Summer course begins June 4th. This Summer's version will have a very timely focus on Deadly Force. This course is designed to introduce Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement and Paralegal and Pre-law students to criminal procedure involving force, arrest, search and seizure, civil rights, self-incrimination, assistance of counsel and other aspects of Constitutional Law affecting police as they interact with the public, protect and serve their community and enforce the law. We will cover all of those important Constitutional protections and expectations while also taking a very interesting, necessary and hopefully enlightening look at the use of deadly force. Get enrolled today to secure your place in this valuable courses or Call 690-7693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Posted by Unknown at 10:43 AM
Monday, April 23, 2018
Large AV-rated Peoria law firm seeking full-time litigation paralegal. Experience of two or more years is preferred, but not required. Litigation experience is preferred and knowledge of medical terminology is desired. Excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and list of current references to:
Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen
300 Hamilton Boulevard, P.O. Box 6199
Peoria, IL 61601-6199
Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen
300 Hamilton Boulevard, P.O. Box 6199
Peoria, IL 61601-6199
or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
THIS IS NOT A SUMMER POSITION. THE SELECTEE WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK YEAR-ROUND.
This is an excepted service appointment under the Pathways Intern Program. This appointment may be extended until the selectee's educational program requirements have been completed. After successful completion of the program requirements, the individual may at agency discretion be converted to a TERM or permanent appointment. For more information on the Pathways Program, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduates/
The Student Trainee (Clerical) will provide general office clerical support to one or more professional, program, or technical staff members in the United States Attorney's Office, Central District of Illinois. Specific duties include:
- Answers telephone and refers callers to staff members or takes messages as appropriate;
- Operates copying machine;
- Collates and staples materials;
- Sorts and arranges material for filing in alphabetical, numerical, or chronological order;
- Locates and retrieves materials;
- Stocks forms and other office supplies; and
- Makes recurring and special messenger trips as necessary.
Posted by Unknown at 1:00 PM
Monday, April 16, 2018
Our programs are well established with the people and organizations that employ Paralegals throughout Central Illinois and beyond. Our Paralegal graduates enjoy some of the Highest Paying and Most Satisfying Paralegal Jobs because they are more prepared than the graduates of other Paralegal programs to earn and keep those positions. This education and training prepares a graduate to work anywhere in the country. Our graduates can be found working in the corporate headquarters of large corporations such as Caterpillar, State Farm and Walmart and small to very large law firms in Central Illinois and throughout the United States.
The Illinois Central College
WE are THE Smart Choice!
WE are THE Smart Choice!
Posted by Unknown at 11:25 AM
Friday, April 13, 2018
Commercial Finance Project Assistant –
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties to assist attorneys and legal assistants according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients and outside vendors, observes confidentiality in client and Firm matters, and keeps accurate time records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains regular, predictable on-site attendance and punctuality.
· Follows the ethical requirements as set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the state.
· Responsible for document distribution and creation of closing books.
· Responsible for updating GK’s permanent files and closing binders.
· Responsible for updating of online forms.
· Assists with closings.
· Responsible for managing PTO balance.
· Independently manages other projects, as identified by the attorneys and legal assistants.
· In progress or completed Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program
Contact or e-mail resume to:
Senior Managing Consultant | Beacon Hill Legal
Direct: 312.429.2096 | Mobile 724.984.2936
Office: 312.759.1500 x1256 | Fax 312.759.1555
200 W. Madison Street | Chicago, IL 60606
Wednesday, April 04, 2018
Paralegal/Legal Assistant Elias Meginnes & Seghetti, P.C. is looking to hire a full time paralegal/legal assistant in the corporation/business/transaction area. Excellent organizational and computer skills are required. Apply in confidence to the following: John S. Elias, 416 Main St., Suite 1400, Peoria, IL 61602 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Receptionist/Secretary/Legal Assistant/Paralegal Positions/Bookkeeper Backup Bookkeeper / Clerk – The law firm of Miller, Hall & Triggs, LLC is seeking to fill a full-time position that includes backup bookkeeping duties and law office clerk duties. The primary function of this position is assisting with bookkeeping and accounting duties for our firm, which includes assisting with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, payroll, account reconciliation, and other related matters. An applicant must be intelligent and detail oriented, and able to work cooperatively in a professional environment. Experience as a bookkeeper or in accounting is required; an accounting degree would be a plus. Position will also assist with various clerking duties throughout the firm. If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to Miller, Hall & Triggs, LLC, Attn: Hiring Manager; by email at email@example.com; or by regular mail to 416 Main Street, Suite 1125, Peoria, IL 61602. No phone calls please.
Bookkeeper Hasselberg Grebe Snodgrass Urban & Wentworth seeks full charge bookkeeper involved in all functions of firm’s finances. Accounting degree preferred and/or previous bookkeeping experience. Salary commensurate with experience. Major medical insurance, pension plan, paid vacation, paid parking. An equal opportunity employer. Send resume in confidence to Attorney Kenneth M. Snodgrass, 401 Main St., Suite 1400, Peoria, IL 61602. No calls please.
File Clerk/Runner File clerk/Runner needed for law firm. This is a year round position and approximately 12-15 hours per week (late afternoons 3-5:30). Duties include general office tasks, filing, stocking supplies and errands. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license necessary. Contact Bobbie Fouts, Office Manager, Hasselberg, Rock, Bell & Kuppler, 4600 N. Brandywine Drive, Suite 200, Peoria, IL 61614, Phone: (309) 688-9400 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receptionist Murphy & Dunn, P.C., Central Illinois’ largest family law firm, is seeking a full-time Front Desk Receptionist for our Peoria office location. This fast-paced position requires excellent people skills and multi-line telephone expertise. Computer competence and the ability to multi-task are required and prior customer service or legal office experience is a plus. This is an excellent career opportunity for a quick-thinking and motivated office professional to join the area’s premier family law firm. Our Firm offers a comprehensive employee benefits package and a competitive salary. You may learn more about our law firm at www.murphy-dunn.net. For consideration, Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to HR Manager, Teri Dunn @ email@example.com.
Part-time Legal Secretary Immediate opening for part-time legal secretary (job-share position) for two days a week. Minimum two (2) years experience required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word required. Knowledge of Juris helpful. Send resume and salary requirements to: BRIAN J. MEGINNES, 416 Main Street, Suite 1400, Peoria, Illinois 61602.
Posted by Unknown at 4:50 PM