Monday, January 14, 2019
Downtown Peoria law firm seeks file clerk/runner, part-time, hours can be flexible. Willing to train and will entertain candidates with no law firm experience, as long as candidate is willing to learn. Duties include locating and managing filing duties, photocopying documents, running errands (within walking distance) and professional phone etiquette. The ability to multitask, prioritize and stay organized is necessary. Paid parking. Please forward resume if interested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, January 08, 2019
Command Center Operator Location Peoria, IL (On-Premises) Primary Office Central Illinois 2500 N. Main St Suite 1A East Peoria, IL 61611 United States Duration Full Time Desired Education High School / GED Desired Experience 0-3 Years Previous experience in a similar role in one or more of the following industries desired: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, building automation, and/or healthcare. Responsibilities Convergint Technologies is recruiting for a Command Center Operator for 2nd and 3rd shift in Peoria. The roles and responsibilities are: Observe and report emergency and non-emergency events. Responsible for monitoring security systems. Dispatch appropriate personnel and notify the appropriate level of management. Reporting and dispatching; meet and coordinate with all appropriate parties regarding emergency and non-emergency situations. Manage CCTV to monitor all areas of the property inside and outside; monitor badge activities by granting access to certain levels within the building and outside. Monitor the emergency information communications system for the facility. Skills Must be a results driven individual. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Acts as our Customers best service provider at all times. Ability to pass any State and Federal licensing requirements. Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, building automation, and/or healthcare. Microsoft Office experience desired. Ability to identify and respond to security risks in a timely manner. Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview. Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.convergint.com.
Send resume and letter of introduction to:
phone 309-494-5905 fax 309-494-5901
The Fulton County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for Deputy and Dispatch.
Applications, along with 3 letters of recommendation, must be submitted to the Fulton County Sheriff's Office, 268 W Washington Ave, PO Box 269, Lewistown, Illinois 61542, no later than Friday, February 1, 2019. Applications are available online at www.fultonco.org or at the Sheriff's Office at the above address between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Eligible applicants must be United States citizens, 21 years of age or older (18 or older for Dispatch), possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate and have a valid driver's license.
Deputy Salary $44,075.20 plus benefits
Dispatch Salary $37,024.00 plus benefits
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
FULTON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Friday, January 04, 2019
Thursday, January 03, 2019
Illinois Mutual is seeking a Product Compliance Analyst responsible for drafting policy forms while maintaining compliance with state/federal laws; for interacting with Insurance Departments; and for investigating complaints. Bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certificate required. Send resumes to email@example.com. To learn more about our opportunities, including our benefits, visit our website at www.illinosmutual.com.
Wednesday, January 02, 2019
Friday, December 21, 2018
The end of the calendar year is a typical time for performance reviews for many employers, law firms included. Throughout our program, students receive emphasis on two major suggestions regarding salaries and raises in a typical law office.
1. Come to work every day with effort and intent to be organized, competent and dialed into the tasks of the day, week and month ahead. Meet assigned deadlines. Complete your assigned work to the best of your ability. Communicate with your supervising Lawyer(s) and do the things they need you to do to free them up to best serve their clients and to be able to serve more clients.
2. Prepare for your year-end or salary review. Never take it for granted that all you do will be fully recognized at your year-end review. Know your value to the firm. It isn't that difficult to determine how many hours and dollars you helped generate for the firm and you should know those number$. Beyond the dollar$, think about and document all of the successes you contributed to over the past year. And successes are great, but be objective and think about and be ready to acknowledge anything that didn't go well. Be ready to acknowledge things you could have done better or you want to be prepared to do better in the future.
Take care of number 1 and raises and salary typically take care of themselves. Do number 2 and you will help yourself and your supervising Lawyer have both a productive year-end review and a more successful New Year. If you do these things and you do not receive reasonable recognition it may be that the circumstances dictate you consider the action we suggest when confronted with concerns about ethical or less than reasonable business practices. Dust off your resume, start applying for and find a new employment opportunity.
The following article offers great tips on what to do if you haven't had a scheduled year-end or salary review.
Posted by Unknown at 8:03 AM
Thursday, December 06, 2018
Did you know that Illinois Central College has a NEW and very Flexible payment plan?
Put $50 down and you are able to defer your next payment until January 31, 2019.
And if you have already completed your Financial Aid (FAFSA) for this year, you are already set to register.
SO what are you waiting for?
Register TODAY so you can secure a spot in the classes you need on the days and times that work best for your schedule.
Introduction to Paralegal - Online
Legal Research 1 - Tuesday night
Family Law - Monday night
Wills, Trusts and Estates - Wednesday night
Law Office Management - Online
Reserve your seat to Take One, Take Two, Take All, $50 down, no more payments or worries until January 31st, 2019
Posted by Unknown at 10:57 AM
Tuesday, December 04, 2018
Law Office of Louis P. Milot, Chase Bank Building, 411 Hamilton Blvd., Suite 1928, Peoria, Illinois 61602. General Practice. Seeking individual with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must also have experience with scanning software (e.g. Paperport, etc.). Individual should be detailed-oriented, have good interpersonal skills, possess multi-tasking and organizational skills. Good telephone and writing skills important. The individual must be able to work in a professional environment and maintain strict confidentiality concerning clients and operations. Duties vary and include, but are not limited to, preparation and e-filing of legal correspondence, pleading and forms; screening clients; case management; scheduling appointments and receptionist duties. Between 25-35 hours each week. Compensation will start between $13.00 and $17.00 per hour depending on candidate’s performance and experience. Paid vacation after first six months. Those interested should submit a letter of interest, updated resume or brief statement of their qualifications to Louis Milot at the above address or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter at the above-mentioned address.
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
The law firm of Bolen Robinson & Ellis is seeking a part-time legal assistant (approx. 15 hours per week) to work in its Bloomington office to help with obtaining medical records and bills and other tasks related primarily to personal injury. Experience in personal injury litigation, insurance claims, healthcare, or other legal experience preferred, but not required. Please email resume to email@example.com.
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
The Product Compliance Analyst is responsible for drafting policy forms and wording for new products while maintaining compliance with state/federal laws. The Product Compliance Analyst also interacts with Insurance Departments and acts as liaison with necessary internal staff (actuarial, legal, sales, etc.) to secure approval of new products.
· Coordinates state variations and draft policy forms
· Files forms in a timely and accurate manner
· Monitors state reporting
· Prepares reports and collect data on state variations
· Drafts and files contracts for most complex new products and those requiring the most research.
· Ensures regulatory compliance and interacts with Insurance Departments to secure approval of most complex new products
· Works with product implementation/administration area to ensure correct implementation of approved products
· Directly responds to complex and extensive State Department of Insurance objections and participates in State Dept. of Insurance audits; manages department responses to all objections
· Acts as compliance liaison to resolve conflicts between internal Company departments and State Department of Insurance
· Researches insurance regulations and statues both pending and enacted
· Coordinates with underwriting, administration, systems, to respond to Insurance department objections and works with advertising, product management, product implementation and actuarial to ensure smooth and timely implementation of new products
· Bachelors degree required[*]
· Prior research experience and/or training required; paralegal certificate strongly preferred
· Insurance industry and/or compliance experience a strong plus
· Knowledge of SERFF preferred
· Knowledge of life and disability insurance or industry designations preferred
· Strong initiative
· Exceptional attention to detail and analytical aptitude
· Ability to work under pressure and remain focused
· Excellent problem solving, organization and time management skills
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Career-oriented; Self-motivated
· Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and general Internet
Please direct resumes and cover letters to Melissa Cline @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct resumes and cover letters to Melissa Cline @ email@example.com.
[*] College or university must be sufficiently accredited and listed in the U.S. Department of Education Accreditation Directory.