Peoria Corporation seeking paralegal to join legal department.
• Provide advanced support by handling a wide variety of functions supporting two attorneys.
• Perform office tasks such as filing, maintaining records, maintaining databases and calendars and other similar duties.
• Prepare reports, presentations or correspondence.
• Serve as an office information facilitator, arranging and scheduling meetings or appointments, managing projects, handling travel arrangements, performing research, and distributing information through the use of telephones, mail and e-mail.
• Follow organizational and departmental procedures to complete tasks.
• Assist attorneys with litigation files, including responding to and submitting discovery requests.
• Handle special projects as assigned.
• Paralegal certification.
• Advanced computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office software packages.
• Some college or university preferred.
• Ability to set up and maintain databases.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and to use own initiative.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• 5+ years office experience.
This company offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. A full benefit package is available including a vacation plan, health insurance, life insurance, 401K and more. Please mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org