Paralegal Position - Springfield Illinois
* Research and analyze law sources including statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes.
* Review and assist attorneys in the preparation of legal papers and documents.
* Provide direct administrative support for litigation management.
* Maintain compliance with state laws relating to service of process.
* Administer the subpoena process.
* Assist with Corporate Secretary duties and required filings and affirmations.
* Assist with budget planning and reporting for the Law Division.
* Assist AVP, Law Operations with operational reports and SEC filings associated with Insider Trading.
* Assist with ethics and compliance programs.
Horace Mann Educators Corporation
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two teachers who saw the need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have nearly $10 billion in assets.
As a leading insurance and financial services company focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now. For more information, visit the Horace Mann website at www.horacemann.com
* Associate's degree in Paralegal Studies or its equivalent.
* 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Experience with Insurance & Financial Services business preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship. Direct Hire Only
Send Resume and Letter of Introduction as pdf file to: