Peoria health care company seeking paralegal to join legal department.
* Provide advanced support by handling a wide variety of functions supporting two attorneys.
* Perform office tasks such as filing, maintaining records, maintaining databases and calendars and other similar duties.
* Prepare reports, presentations or correspondence.
* Serve as an office information facilitator, arranging and scheduling meetings or appointments, managing projects, handling travel arrangements, performing research, and distributing information through the use of telephones, mail and e-mail.
* Follow organizational and departmental procedures to complete tasks.
* Assist attorneys with litigation files, including responding to and submitting discovery requests.
* Handle special projects as assigned.
* Paralegal certification.
* Advanced computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office software packages.
* Some college or university preferred.
* Ability to set up and maintain databases.
* Excellent communication and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to use own initiative.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* 3+ years office experience.
This company offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. A full benefit package is available including a vacation plan, health insurance, life insurance, 401K and more.
Please e-mail cover letters and resumes directly to:
Jason M. Crowder
830 W. Trailcreek Drive
Peoria, IL 61614