Petersen Health Care is a large, well established Peoria, Illinois based employer with in an in-house legal department. Petersen currently has two positions that may be of interest to our graduates or soon to be graduates. This employer offers a competitive salary, a full benefit package to include a vacation plan, health insurance, life insurance, 401K and more.
1st Position: Paralegal
1st Position: Paralegal
* Provide advanced support by handling a wide variety of functions supporting two attorneys.
* Perform office tasks such as filing, maintaining records, maintaining databases and calendars and other similar duties.
* Prepare reports, presentations or correspondence.
* Serve as an office information facilitator, arranging and scheduling meetings or appointments, managing projects, handling travel arrangements, performing research, and distributing information through the use of telephones, mail and e-mail.
* Follow organizational and departmental procedures to complete tasks.
* Assist attorneys with litigation files, including responding to and submitting discovery requests.
* Handle special projects as assigned.
* Paralegal certification.
* Advanced computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office software packages.
* Some college or university preferred.
* Ability to set up and maintain databases.
* Excellent communication and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to use own initiative.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* 3+ years office experience.
2nd position: Medicaid Application Processor
Summary of Position:
- Apply for Medicaid on behalf of residents and assist residents and their families throughout the Medicaid application process.
- Preparing and filing Medicaid applications;
- Helping residents and families understand documentation needed to process application;
- Preparing and filing appeals when Medicaid applications get denied;
- Following up on applications and seeing them through to conclusion.
- Prior experience with filing Medicaid applications preferred, but not required;
- Strong Computer Skills, able to manage emails, able to use Microsoft Office Products.
- Self Starter with good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to Accurately Coordinate Multiple Tasks in a Busy Environment
- Able to Adapt to a Changing Environment
Please e-mail cover letters and resumes directly to:
Jason M. Crowder