Paralegal/Administrative Assistant, Office of the General Counsel
Petersen Health Care (PHC) is one of the largest nursing home operators in the State of Illinois. Our homes are located in Illinois, Missouri and Iowa. We are a privately held company that was founded in 1974. Our company provides nursing and rehabilitative care for residents on both a short and long-term basis. We also operate 7 hotels and a sports complex all located within central Illinois. PHC’s corporate office is located in Peoria, IL.
Based on experience. Compensation package is comprised of benefits including health insurance, 401k and leave time.
The Petersen Health Care Office of the General Counsel provides professional legal services, advice and counsel in support of the company and its mission. The General Counsel acts as the chief legal officer of PHC and is responsible for the administrative oversight and leadership of the corporate office. The Office of the General Counsel is seeking a Paralegal/Administrative Assistant to provide outstanding clerical, organizational and general office assistance for the Legal Department. This position provides executive level administrative, technical and operational support in the management of legal affairs. The diverse duties of the Paralegal/Administrative Assistant are performed independently in an environment requiring the use of good judgment, initiative, discretion and confidentiality. The Paralegal/Administrative Assistant will interact with the Owner and the administrative team and must present the highest level of professionalism and integrity at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Assist in legal administrative tasks
· Prepare corporate resolutions and manager certificates
· Submit Annual Reports for corporate entities
· Track licensing and other credentials for nursing homes
· Provide General Counsel with assistance in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions in particular HUD closings
· Complete, prepare and review contracts, leases, and other documents as needed
· Prepare and file guardianship paperwork and set hearing dates
· Perform collection process for outstanding accounts
· Maintain master lists regarding facilities and corporations/LLCs
· Scheduling meetings and answering calls
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Reports to General Counsel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate is able to demonstrate the following: the highest degree of integrity; the ability to effectively communicate in a professional diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner using the preferred method and level applicable to the job; the ability to plan, schedule and organize tasks to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames; the ability to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and be able to positively and proactively assimilate change in a rapid growth environment; be able to personally provide high-level interactive services to others, address identified needs and respond accordingly. Mastery of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook required. Experience with Adobe Pro a plus.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a Letter of Intent and Resume to email@example.com A criminal background check will be conducted.