Fast-growing litigation, workers' compensation, personal injury, and general practice firm based in Peoria, IL looking to hire 2 paralegals/legal assistants for full-time positions.
Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others.
- Receives and welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorney time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports, and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, IMEs, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to an attorney.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks and reporting what is needed to the office manager
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The candidate must have strong writing skills and be well-versed in legal timekeeping.
Additional skills required: Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Dictation Transcription, Supply Management, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships, Juris Suite
Compensation commensurate with experience/based on skills outlined above.
Please submit résumé and professional references to email@example.com.
Group Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm